I was overseas with my mother from the 2nd of March 2020, to the 18th of March 2020. A lot happened with coronavirus in Australia during this time, and when we returned, we were legally required to enter self-isolation. This is my brief diary to document my experiences. (For other posts see: Prelude. Part one. Part two. Part three. Part four. Part five. Part six.)



I’m a week in! It’s halfway!

I got up, let the rescue dog out, and took a couple of dogs for a walk around our paddock. I found several seedlings that have started to grow so I resolved to go back out and hammer in protections for them. Especially before our farmer down the road sows the next crop in and potentially minces them or weed-sprays them. (We share farm our back paddock and I’m so glad I don’t have to think about it.) Not that we’ll have a crop anytime soon – I think they plant after the first rain.

Had some of my blueberry lemon cake for breakfast and it was just as good as last night.

I have been getting quotes for solar panels over the last few days, and one guy this morning sent us aerial photos of our property that I hadn’t seen before. There was another shed, many more trees, and more lawn. Really fascinating as so much was lost in the Pinery Fire (before we bought the property).

There are relics of the Pinery Fire around our property. On my morning walk, I found this gumtree with a burnt out middle.
There are relics of the Pinery Fire around our property. On my morning walk, I found this gumtree with a burnt out middle.

Ordered dog food online. Almost bought double ‘just in case’ and realised that was what we weren’t supposed to do right now. Told myself there is plenty of dog food here (it’s just for rescue not for my lot. We will be okay if I ‘owe’ the rescue a bag of dry food).

We played a game of Agricola. It was okay. It’s a pretty quick game. We said we’d come back to it in the afternoon once it had ‘settled.



I spent a loooong time cleaning the yard in the kennel. We are hiring a bobcat tomorrow to do some work, and so we needed that yard to be ready for maximum bobcat work. We have so much to do with 24 hours of bobcat use. I’m excited for the job!

We then unloaded the trailer, meaning we did more work in the shed. The trailer may be useful tomorrow during bobcat time.

I planted a banana palm in the backyard, which is a bit experimental – it may be the only banana tree in all of Hamley Bridge!

Together, we gymmed in the afternoon, then played Agricola again. We had a more equitable game this time. It does move very fast and we wonder how you’re supposed to build a stone house when everything moves at that speed. Regardless, we like the game. My husband appreciates the simplicity of it compared to, say, Terraforming Mars.



My evening was spent doing ‘admin’ jobs such as responding to emails, doing workplace online learning, and other minor projects I’ve been putting off.

I set my alarm – weird. The bobcat gets delivered at 8am.